Monday, October 3, 2011

Sunday, Oct 3rd, 1976

Went to Rinks with Mom and Dad for the first time in a long time and got a lot of stuff. Got some huge tootsie rolls! Passed up a Marie 8 track for a Simon LP. Bad deal? I do consider it a coup that i got the lovely Farrah Fawcett-Majors poster. Nt a bit like I expected it to look. It's a smiling shot of Farrah in a one piece orange bathing suit with breasts centered and nipples protruding much more obviously than on TV. I was afraid Mom would say something and I'd have to go into my, "Mother I am seventeen years old, darn it!" routine but she didn't.

When we got home I posted it next to my bed and worked out my books update while listening to the new album and glancing up at her every few minutes.

Today's paper had a new article by Ray Bradbury.

Mom made more of those marshmallow thingies tonight to munch on with television but there wasn't much on that was very good.

NOTES: Passed up Marie Osmond's new 8 track in favor of LIVE RHYMIN', Paul Simon's live album. In the end, I think that was a good deal.

But who cares? This was the day I got Farrah! There comes a time in every young man's life when he gets his Farrah, whatever it may be. In my case...today was the day. My wall, which had had some pictures and posters from comics and movies on it as long as we had lived there, was about to become babe central!


No comments:

Post a Comment