Monday, April 4, 2011

Sunday, April 4th, 1976


Pretty good day. I went to see ROBIN & MARIAN over at Newport and it was marvelous. Best picture I've seen so far this year. Lots of new movies to choose from next week!

I caught up on my school journal entries today and practically wore out my new Wings album while doing it. So far, I've written about writing, depression, war, Debbie and the Beatles.

Tonight I watched Lowell Thomas's 1939 show.

I've been hearing and reading a lot about the Dawn concert, too. Can't wait!

NOTES: I remember being very disappointed in ROBIN & MARIAN, actually. Perhaps here I was trying hard to convince myself it was better than it was because it STILL seems as though it should have been. It was the lovely Audrey Hepburn's first picture in years and it was during a peak post-Bond era for Sean Connery. I just don't think they had any real chemistry as a couple.

LOWELL THOMAS REMEMBERS was a PBS series in which the aging veteran newsman presented compilations of his own historical newsreels from certain years, tonight's episode being from 1939.

No comments:

Post a Comment