Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Monday, April 19th, 1976


Dreamed about Debbie again...not a good dream but a weird one. She lived in a big house somewhere outside of town and Dad had driven me out there...except it was also like she lived here in one of the upstairs apartments. She was always holding a baby and there was a baseball game going on outside the window. Later it turned out that she could read the future or something. I don't remember too much else.

A sort of a slow, hot day at school getting back into things, topped off by a surprising A+ on my Creative Writing journal which I myself didn't particularly like! Four others got A's but I got the only A+! Wow! Mr. Spurlock offered some great suggestions and even offered me a place on next year's HORIZONS staff. I think I'll take him up on it!

NOTES: With all of my eclectic interests, I often had weird dreams that I wasn't even in! For a while around this time or maybe a but later I started writing them down as soon as I woke up. I remember one that was about a speedboat race down the Ohio River between Richard Dreyfuss and Lucie Arnaz while Liza Minnelli performed on the shore.

If there was any doubt that we were in the midst of the Disco years, the number one song for four straight weeks at this time was Johnnie Taylor's DISCO LADY! It was NOT a favorite. Never cared for Disco. I tolerated the disco beat from Wings and later Blondie and other groups I liked but I hated disco music overall. In retrospect, when it isn't being forced down my throat I can see there were some good disco songs...but not many.

No comments:

Post a Comment