Saturday, July 9, 2011

Friday, July 9th, 1976


Went over the river with Mom fairly early after the stores opened this morning where we got my senior pictures as well as the comics I still hadn't gotten. I haven't even yet finished reading the ones I got way back on Wednesday morning! A LOT this week!

As far as the pictures, I'm not really too proud of 'em but I guess they're okay. I'll probably just stick 'em in a drawer and never use 'em for anything anyway.

Saw yet another Bogie movie--my 100th movie on TV so far this year! Later tonight, I saw the other Maude episode of ALL IN THE FAMILY.

NOTES: HAH! I'm serious! That's what I wrote back on this date in 1976: "I'll probably just stick 'em in a drawer and never use 'em for anything anyway." How in the world could I have suspected that the photo seen on this blog's logo would, some 35 years later, be seen on blogs in Germany, Denmark, Japan and the Ukraine to say nothing of being shared hundreds of times on Facebook and, possibly, seen by millions worldwide when it appeared on the front page of AOL earlier this year? My head hurts!

2 comments:

  1. An idea I had for a book - or a blog: T.V. Movies of the 1970s.

    Thanks to the internet, I have been able to acquire some of them over the past several years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate!! Z News uses my high school photo alongside my "'Mr. Bronze Age " column / blog !! This would have made my 17 year old self amazed!!

    ReplyDelete