Sunday, May 22, 2011

Saturday, May 22nd, 1976


Over the river this morning all I got was breakfast--Wendy's--and lottery tickets for Dad.

This afternoon I went to see Segal and Hawn at Newport. When I got back, I helped out with yard work a bit.

I ordered the signed Frank Brunner book and finally the tickets and reservations for Omnicon!

The Beatles were on a very special MIDNIGHT SPECIAL tonight but it was disappointing.

NOTES: I don't recall ever having a signed Frank Brunner book. Perhaps it was sold out and I never received it. We'll see.

MIDNIGHT SPECIAL was a great music show hosted at various times by Wolfman Jack and Helen Reddy. Oddly, it wasn't on at midnight at all but at 1 AM.

Back in April I noted that Goldie Hawn and George Segal were opening that week at Newport in THE DUCHESS AND THE DIRTWATER FOX. The film wasn't a big hit (although I quite like the poster as seen here) so it seems unlikely it would still be playing there at this late point. Its opening may have been delayed.

1 comment:

  1. The Midnight Special was a special Saturday night installment hosted by Paul Anka, just a random celebration of music with compilation of performances by Elton John, Bee Gees, Frankie Valli, Chuck Berry, Joan Baez etc, which came after NBC's Saturday Night with Buck Henry and Gordon Lightfoot (the special was pitched by Jane Curtin and Don Pardo during the broadcast)

    I have a copy (if you're interested...)

    ReplyDelete