Thursday, September 22, 2011

Wednesday, Sept. 22nd, 1976


Cold day. The weather and me. Almost stayed home but I went.

ALICE is still on at Showcase. I'm surprised.

Them dummies next door were late again but I got back in time to watch Part 2 of THE RETURN OF BIGFOOT. I came up with a deal to alternate tonight's conflicting shows with Dad.

Not sure what I was expecting but I was somewhat (but not completely) disappointed with Farrah's much-publicized braless scene on CHARLIE'S ANGELS but lots of dun double entendres. Began my Farrah collection.

Wrote a real personal journal entry today.

NOTES: Still nursing a bad cold here, also, in 2011.

THE RETURN OF BIGFOOT was a popular episode of THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN.

Farrah Fawcett-Majors was someone I had known on TV for a few years. I first recognized all that hair and teeth in commercials, then some TV-movies, then on David Janssen's HARRY O series. I knew Kate Jackson from DARK SHADOWS and several years on THE ROOKIES and Jaclyn Smith had been in a memorable episode of McCLOUD. These facts, added to the "braless" publicity, made CHARLIE'S ANGELS an immediate favorite. Thus I immediately started my Farrah picture collection. Soon enough the poster would arrive.

My entry in the school journal was a two page philosophical retrospective on life, innocence and sex, contrasting 1966 with 1976. In retrospect, pretty naive and surprisingly conservative.

Coincidentally enough, of course, I have a blog for each of those years currently!

No comments:

Post a Comment