Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Monday, February 23rd, 1976


I was kind of sick all day today as well as feeling sorry for myself. I got my Social Security card in the mail, though. Also TBG which really perked me up. Found at least five dollars worth of more stuff to order. I saw the rest of ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE (I keep wanting to call it ON HER MAJESTY'S QUEEN SERVICE). Wasn't all that thrilled with it in spite of Mrs. Peel--or in this case, Mrs. Bond. I did NOT get my book report written though.

NOTES: Not much to say here. I liked George Lazenby in the movie, THE MAN FROM HONG KONG (as the villain) as well as in some later TV appearances but quite frankly, he was a terrible James Bond.

The number one song on the charts this week was THEME FROM S.W.A.T. by Rhythm Heritage. It was a funk-filled festival but when it came right down to it, it was still a TV theme, S.W.A.T. being one of the first initial-based titles--a police drama starring Steve Forrest. Although rarely remembered today, its chart position makes it one of the most successful TV themes of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment