Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Monday, May 10th, 1976


Weird day! Awaking with a stomachache, I chose to stay home from school. Even though the pain persisted, it didn't get any better or worse based on whether or not I ate anything. Weird.

Anyway, I got out my FF's and Spideys and spent most of the day working on my team project. It's pretty amateurish but at the same time I think it's pretty well done. It's always darkest before the dawn. Just another little ways to go and then freedom from the eleventh grade!

Speaking of "darkest," the whole block was without power for a while tonight. Never did hear why.

NOTES: Forgot to mention that last week's number one song in 1976 was John Sebastian's comeback tune, WELCOME BACK. Used as the theme song for--and I assume written for--the TV series, WELCOME BACK KOTTER, I still think it was one of the best songs of the seventies and is of a style that remains undated even today. Years later, I would become 'Net friends with Mark Evanier, one of the later writers on WELCOME BACK KOTTER and one of the first people to pay me for my work as a professional writer when I assisted with cartoon voice actress June Foray's autobiography.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, June Foray, the unsung heroine of animation. Everyone remembers Mel Blanc, but little credit is given to June who did so many Warner Bros. voices. Amazingly, she is still alive! Thanks, June, for providing so many years of enjoyment to so many children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the show was originally just called " Kotter. " But , then John Sebastian turned in the song " Welcome Back . " The producers were not pleased . " What does that mean ?? What does that have to do with " Kotter ??"So , the show ended up being called " Welcome Back , Kotter !! "

    ReplyDelete