Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Monday, August 2nd, 1976


Spent the morning destroying more of my magazines.

Three cops came around this afternoon questioning Dad about some guy who may be the one we saw out back yesterday.

Mom says Jeff will study to be a preacher. Not sure I can see that.

Less than a month 'til I'm a senior. Not sure how I feel about that.

The bra-less look dominated FAMILY FEUD today. Seeing that on TV more and more often lately, not that I have a problem with that.

I got a history thing out of the Louisville paper at SS.

Saw Kathleen Cody in a TV movie called CHEERLEADERS.

NOTES: Okay, so I liked the bra-less look. I was 17. Sue me. On the other hand, I destroyed more collectible magazines on this date. Sigh.

No idea at this late date what the thing with the police was about.

Oddly enough my cousin Jeff became a lawyer instead...but looking back I bet he would have made a great preacher. He remains heavily involved with his church.

Kathleen Cody was a young actress I had crushed on during the latter days of TV's DARK SHADOWS in 1970 and 1971. She went on to appear in several Disney movies including SNOWBALL EXPRESS. THE CHEERLEADERS (not to be confused with the softcore drive-in movie of the same name) would be one of her final TV or movie appearances. In 2011, I noted that she and I had mutual friends on Facebook and I exchanged a couple of messages with her in which I was able to tell her how much I always enjoyed her performances back in the day. She says that she is having a very happy life! That's her with the blonde hair in the above still.

No comments:

Post a Comment