Monday, February 28, 2011

Sunday, February 29th, 1976


Today is the extra day we get this year! Mom and Dad went out to visit Aunt Rosie but I finally decided to stay home. They were kind of disappointed. I wanted to go. Would make it easier to avoid IT. But...I stayed and ended up not avoiding IT at all.

I did write to Keno about Omnicon. Mom says whether or not we can go will depend on what we hear back.

Watched one of Sidney Poitier's Virgil Tibbs movies on TV this afternoon while I got a little homework in. The biggest event of the day was when I finally finished ILLUMINATUS, part one. Hadn't expected to so soon but it was that good.

Tough decision on what to watch on TV this evening but I eventually decided to skip THE SOUND OF MUSIC. It's long and seems sickeningly sweet but that sure is a great opening number.

NOTES: Yes, 1976 was a Leap Year and 2011 isn't so there are two updates today!

I had gotten out of the habit of going to visit relatives every time my parents did. I think in a way it was simply a type of mild rebellion against authority. More often than not, I spent my afternoons alone wishing I had gone.

What we were writing for from Don Rosa (first name Keno) was the hotel rates, the Convention flyer and updates, etc., all needed to see if the whole deal would be a good fit for Mom's summer vacation.

In 2010, I became acquainted with a man who had been a publicist for THEY CALL ME MISTER TIBBS! which, I believe was the film that I saw this day.

I don't know what I had against THE SOUND OF MUSIC then. When I did finally see it, I adored it. Julie Andrews had been one of my earliest crushes from MARY POPPINS and remains a great favorite after all these years. I count two of the Von Trapp children from the film amongst my Facebook friends these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment