Friday, March 11, 2011

Thursday, March 11th, 1976


Little trouble getting back into things back at school today. It all went so fast it almost seemed like I was never out. Had sinus trouble since this morning, though.

I turned in the poems and I hope I won't end up with embarrassing results.

Over in Ohio after school I got only one comic book and dinner. Saw a couple copies of WEIRD HEROES Vol 1 but didn't pick it up just yet. Back home I had RBCC # 125. I think my sub has run out now, though. I spent a very enjoyable evening reading the little bits of trivia therein such as the fact that THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW was actually a spinoff of THE DANNY THOMAS SHOW! Wow!

Next door they all left early tonight so we got the cleaning done before too late.

Looks like I'll have to spend this weekend writing NIGHT CRUISE.

Turns out I was right about DR SYN, ALIAS THE SCARECROW. The theatrical version I saw at the Madison was edited down from the 3 part TV version. Boy! Shafted again!

NOTES: Don Rosa's RBCC column was loaded with TV trivia like that. Originally Andy, whose comedy records had been very popular, appeared as a comedic, folksy sheriff in an episode of Thomas's MAKE ROOM FOR DADDY sitcom. Danny's character gets caught in a speed trap in the rural South. With just a few touches including the master stroke addition of Don Knotts as Barney Fife, THE ANDY GRIFFITH show would go on to be much more popular in the long run than the series that pawned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment