Saturday, March 12, 2011

****EXTRA: Photography****




I'm not sure I ever mention it in my Journal but one thing that I really wanted to do back then--starting from around the age of 13--was to find a girl who would model for me. My fantasy was that we would travel around town to different locations by bus and take photos. Of course there were several drawbacks to this goal:

1) It would involve somehow finding a young lady who liked being photographed and then actually speaking with her.

2) All we had in the early seventies were Polaroid cameras which frankly, even though we tried to convince ourselves otherwise at the time, took lousy pictures.

3) 35mm cameras were expensive--as was 35mm film. Also, even if you did have the camera and the film, there were only 20-30 exposures. Then you had to send them off or take them to the drugstore to be developed and that took a week or more.

Luckily, in recent years all this changed and with the advent of digital cameras, I was finally able to fulfill my original dream of finding a young lady to model for me all over town. The problem was that I had to wait for Brittany Rose to be born and grow up. Maybe I'm not a great photographer and maybe she's not a professional model but between the two of us we sometimes turn out some pretty darn good pictures--more than a thousand in the past three years. Today we spent the day in Cincinnati's Eden Park. We took 159 photos including the two seen here, a number of which will soon be going up on our photography site, BRITTANY ROSE AND ME. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a Highlander script - sort of.

    I think Brittany Rose is beautiful, and so are your photographs.

    ReplyDelete