Friday, September 23, 2011

Thursday, Sept 23rd, 1976


I figured to be home today and the fact that I awoke at 3:30 AM and couldn't get back to sleep cinched that. As I lay there with my mind all fevery and such I kept thinking about making love to various actresses and girls from school. Sigh...

Mr Logsdon called about my absence and sounded skeptical. Jeez, Can't a guy be sick!?

Finished my Farrah collection and relocated all my old mags.

My cold was finally getting a little better by early this evening. I went over to work alone so I could go early enough to get back to see TV.This was the first day in ages where I didn't even set foot outside until after dark.

Watched the first Ford-Carter debate when I got back.

NOTES: Mr Logsdon was the Dean of Boys. I didn't have a lot of interaction with him but he was never my favorite person as he always seemed to have something against me for some reason.

"Finished" my Farrah collection. Ha! Little did I know just how much we would all be over-saturated with Farrah photos over the next year! And I was collecting a ton of 'em!

Jimmy Carter had come out of nowhere relatively late in the Presidential campaign season. With his toothy grin--comparable to the Osmonds and Farrah!--his soft, Southern accent, the peanut farmer jokes, the goofy brother, the feisty old mother...it was hard to take him seriously. And yet...we slowly started to do so. By this point, he was THE chosen Democratic candidate and we were all anxious to see how he held up against President Ford--a pleasant but ultimately ineffectual "filler" president whose wife Betty would, in the long run,arguably make more of an impact on society than he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment