Saturday, June 11, 2011

Friday, June 11th, 1976


I had to switch fans because the old one just quit working.

The TV man came by 10:30 and left by 11 with it mostly fixed.

I had to pay the paperman $13.00 out of my own money this afternoon.

Saw my 2nd Jayne Mansfield flick on TV after we got it fixed.

Dad never did get into the doctor's and eventually just gave up and came on home.

New Godzilla flick is out at Ludlow this week. Probably be crowded with noisy kids. "See Tokyo razed to the ground once more!" proclaim the ads.

Was in the paper that Doug was robbed last week and now fined for something in court. I'm confused.

Maybe I can just skip HUSTLER this month.

Watched a behind-the-scenes featurette with Peter Cushing about AT THE EARTH'S CORE.

NOTES: My second Mansfield movie was much different than my first--THE WAYWARD BUS was a dramatic John Steinbeck story with Jayne giving a good serious performance rather than her usual T & A tittering.

When you figure newspapers were ten cents each in those days and often cheaper when you subscribed, I have no idea why I was having to be thirteen bucks to the delivery guy. Seems like a lot of papers! How often did we pay this guy anyway?? Who remembers?

Seen above is THE CINCINNATI ENQUIRER building in downtown Cincinnati, long abandoned by the newspaper itself. If you're a TV buff, you might recognize this as the Flimm (Phlegm??) Building which housed the radio station on WKRP IN CINCINNATI.

No comments:

Post a Comment