Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tuesday, April 13th, 1976


This kind of week when I'm off school but Tuesday feels like Thursday I like!

Getting into reading the sex movie book. I'm glad I bought it. I'm not technically hiding it from Mom and Dad but I'm not just going to casually leave it laying on the couch in the living room, either.

Got to see BREAKHEART PASS because both of the other things terry had going fell through. Another movie with great snow scenes!

Don Thompson says in TBG that both Englehart and Starlin have left their books. Too bad. They were both favorites of mine.

Speaking of comics, I'm still reading SPIDER-MAN.

Dumb old Channel 9 cut off ONE DAY AT A TIME tonight but it turns out it was a rerun of the sex episode already. Once I saw that I didn't bother to try to tune it in on Channel 7.

NOTES: BREAKHEART PASS is one of my favorite movies from the seventies, my favorite Charles Bronson film and one of my all-time favorite westerns. Technically, it isn't even a western--more of a mystery/spy film all done up in Western trappings. After a long career as a character actor, Bronson had surprisingly hit it big in Europe and slowly worked his way up to the point where he was, briefly, the biggest box office attraction in the world. BREAKHEART PASS even had not one but two of the best movie posters of that period in my opinion, both seen here.

The late Don Thompson--along with his wife Maggie--were columnists in TBG and became the editors when it became CBG later on. They have a son named Steve Thompson for whom I was mistaken three times just last week on Facebook!

Channel 9 was the local CBS affiliate in Cincinnati. Often when they preempted network programming for local sports or specials, one could tune in Channel 7, the Dayton, Ohio affiliate, in order to pick up the show you would have otherwise missed. There was a lot of video "snow" though. In this case, it simply wasn't worth my effort to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment